Oh the illness, the injuries! The long wait! The lack of staff. The drama.....yup. That's today's pretend play.
The kids have opened their own ER. They are soooooo creative. I am just amazed at the things they are coming up with.
They have doctors, nurses, a registration clerk, and Gage is the maintence man. He has been going around fixing patient heart monitors. Ha. I walked into the ER patient room(Madden's bedroom), and Madden said, "Mom, I broke my leg." He was lying on a chair, robe on, and leg ace bandaged. He even had a story of how he broke his leg. He said he was at the grocery store and he fell outside on the sidewalk. I played the distraught, crying parent who demanded a second opinion, complained about the wait, and said a nurse was rude. As I was wailing away, I looked out our window and saw our neighbor "Miss Mary" weeding her yard about 5 feet away from Madden's window. I felt the need to open the window and explain the wailing. LOL. Miss Mary is an ICU RN in real life and understood. All of the kids thought it was pretty cool that the real nurse was right outside the window.
They have used all my old Paramedic equipment that I could find around the house. They even used Madden's fake drill tool for orthopedic surgery. Kids are layed out all over the couches, chair, and beds with blankets and pretend they are ill. They have a waiting room where they call the patient's names. It is so amusing to watch.
Today is also Addison's Birthday. She is 4 today. We decorated the house with streamers, balloons, and Birthday signs. She brought us a cupcake cake that we will be eating after lunch. Everyone can hardly wait. Addison asked for macaroni and cheese and cheese hot dogs for lunch. Update: Lunch was great.
The cake was delicious. We all sang to Addison and she put her hands in front of her face.
Madden ended up helping her blow out her candles, without her asking of course.
Shawna is here today helping.
Yesterday was PAJAMA DAY! Everyone wore their pjs and slippers all day. Matt and Charlie brought donuts for everyone which was so thoughtful. We had breakfast for lunch; bacon, eggs, toast and pineapple.
Blogging by Bridgette:
Today we played docter and i was the docter first also my friend is ababy siter plus it is her litle sisters birthday today and for the rest of the morning i will steal play docter .It is fun.
Blogging by Landon J.
Ummm...I don't know. Hi, today I played with toys. I played with the big kids and I played doctor. I ate cheese crackers for snack. My favorite color is pink. My favorite number is 2. My best friend is..."you are." (Awww) Later on, I want to go to the Fair. (There is no fair today Landon.) Today at nap, I want to watch "Cars." That is all I want to say now.







No comments:
Post a Comment